In 2018/19, we supported 36,844 victims of crime and trauma.
- 12,069 family violence victims
- 2,174 victims following a homicide
- 4,647 after a sudden death
- 3,434 people after a suicide
- 1,970 victims following an aggravated robbery
- 2,067 burglary victims
- 2,626 sexual violence victims
- 1,156 after a vehicle collision
- 2,504 after a fatal collision
We also provided support for victims of the Christchurch terror attacks and have continued to stand with victims to assist them to participate at each stage of the trial. See Standing Together: our response to the Christchurch Terror Attacks here.
- 132,877 calls to Victim Support
- 297,228 kilometres to support victims
- 4,189,708 minutes supporting victims
Figures for the year ended 30 June 2019