We are here for you 24/7
Our Support Workers are available to support you personally, or as a family or whānau, for as long as you need us. You can call us 24/7 on 0800 842 846 to be connected with a Support Worker.
Our support is completely free and confidential, and available throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
What we can offer
Our Support Workers can support you with:
- someone to listen, talk with, and support you to cope through trauma and loss
- help to understand your rights and make informed choices
- information and help to answer your questions
- help to access local support services and counselling to suit your situation
- practical support and assistance to deal with things like funeral and coronial processes
- someone to assist and support you at any court trials, hearings, and dealing with police and other government agencies
- help to prepare Victim Impact Statements and attend family group or restorative justice conferences.
We are committed to providing quality support to strengthen the mana and well-being of all those who have been bereaved or affected by a sudden death.
If you have English as a second language
If you require support in your first language, Victim Support can use Ezispeak to connect with an interpreter over the phone. Call us on 0800 842 846 and let us know. We will try to match you to a Support Worker who speaks your language.
Please click here if the death was due to any of the following specific sudden death situations. We have dedicated sections on our website with information to help you cope with these.
These are dedicated sections on our website with information to help you cope with these situations.